Sprinkle lovers, rejoice! This lemon zest birthday cake recipe, created by Fiona, @myfoodhandles, is for you. Though it looks (and tastes) like dessert, it’s actually a baked oat dish that’ll help get your day off to a bright start. Trust us, you’ll never think of birthday cake as a once-a-year treat ever again!
Combining both Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein ($29.99; shop now) and Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now) and complete with an oozy center, this cake will make every day feel like it’s your birthday. Ready to have cake for breakfast? Get the recipe below!
Lemon Zest Birthday Cake
Yields 1 serving
- 1/2 C rolled oats, blended into oat flour
- 1 scoop Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 1 t baking powder
- generous pinch of salt
- 3 T Greek yogurt
- 1/3 C milk of choice
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- lemon zest
- 1 T cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour 3/4 of mixture into oven-safe bowl.
- Place cream cheese in center.
- Pour in the rest of the batter.
- Add more sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
Shop The Recipe