When we’re talking about summer flavors, lemon is at the top of our list! It’s sweet and zesty, which is why it is the star focus of this must-make Lemon “Cup” Cake. In case the name didn’t give it away, this personal treat is made in yes—a cup. Simply mix all of the ingredients together before pouring into a microwave-safe mug and 2 minutes later, dessert is served!
Wondering what makes up this scrumptious treat? The key ingredients you will find in this recipe are oat flour for a health-forward base, apple sauce for the perfect texture (trust us here), and of course Vital Proteins® Lemon Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now) for all the lemony flavor. Plus, this ingredient packs 20g of collagen peptides per serving to support hair, skin, nail, bone and joint health.**^
Whether you’re looking for a fun treat to whip up with friends, or something simply delicious to enjoy on your own, this “cup” cake has you covered. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get mixing!
Lemon Cup Cake
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 serving Vital Proteins® Lemon Collagen Peptides
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- powdered sugar (for topping)
- Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and combine until an even batter forms.
- Spray the inside of a mug with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the mug.
- Microwave the cup for 2 minutes, stopping half way for a few seconds to avoid overflowing.
- Flip the cake onto a plate and top with powdered sugar, or enjoy the cake straight from the cup!