We’re skipping the tricks and bringing the treats this spooky season! That’s exactly why we wanted to dream up something realgood – like these super-cute, collagen-infused Jalapeño Poppers.
A must-have for Halloween parties or simply as a scary-good appetizer, these mini mummies are filled with a tasty blend consisting of warm cream cheese, bacon and Monterey Jack. Each jalapeño pepper is wrapped with golden crescent rolls to complete the warm-meets-spicy vibe this collagen recipe is going for.
Not only that, but these Jalapeño Poppers also call for one scoop of Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now), our most versatile ingredient since it is both unflavored and odorless. Vital fact: Every scoop helps to boost your daily collagen intake.
This Halloween is all about fun and creativity. These Jalapeño Poppers will provide just that and so much more. Get the full recipe below.
Yields 8 servings
- 8 jalapeño peppers (halved, seeds & insides removed)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack (shredded)
- ¼ C bacon bits (cooked)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides
- 1 crescent roll package
- Candy eyeballs
- 1 egg (whisked together for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with an oil to prevent poppers from sticking.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, Monterey Jack, bacon bits and collagen together.
- Cut each jalapeño in half and fill them with the mixture.
- Create rectangle pieces on the crescent roll dough. Next, slice 10 long strands with a pizza cutter.
- Begin by wrapping the crescent slices around the jalapeños to create a “mummy” look. Leave some room on the top to apply the candy eyeballs.
- Once the Jalapeño Poppers are complete, paint the egg wash on each one and lace on the baking sheet.
- Bake the Jalapeño Poppers for 10 minutes.
- Once complete, remove from the oven and add on the eyeballs. Enjoy while fresh out of the oven or heat up again the next day.