Looking for a breakfast recipe that tastes like perfection and requires minimal prep time? Well, you're in luck because these Mini Chocolate Cakes take 60 seconds to make and includes better-for-you ingredients to start the day off right!
It's breakfast that tastes like dessert. (We know it sounds too good to be true, but it is true!) This recipe calls for ingredients such as gluten-free oat flour (aka ground oats) for the base, applesauce for sweetness with minimal sugar, and Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now) for a boost to your daily collagen intake.
All you need to do? Simply mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add in the wet ingredients to prepare the batter, then pour the mixture evenly into two lightly greased, microwave-safe ramekins. Heat for 60 seconds, add toppings & enjoy!
Mini Chocolate Cake
Yields 2 servings
- 3 T oat flour (aka ground oats)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides
- ¼ t instant coffee
- ¼ t baking soda
- 3 t unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 T applesauce
- Sliced banana
- Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add all remaining wet ingredients to the bowl and stir.
- Lightly grease the inside of two ramekins.
- Pour the batter evenly into the two ramekins.
- One by one, place the ramekin on a plate and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Top with your favorite toppings & enjoy!