Mashed potatoes have always been one of my favorite holiday foods simply because they are fluffy, soft and full of delicious flavors (who's with me?!). Luckily, over the years, I have been the one tasked with making them, which has given me the opportunity to experiment with different techniques and ingredients.The key to the dreamiest Mashed Potatoes is leaving the skins on the potatoes. I find this adds more texture and gives a bit more fiber. Adding a little extra garlic never hurts either I personally add about one tablespoon, but you can never go wrong with adding more. To make them extra soft and fluffy, I use oil and milk. Trust me on this! I also like adding two scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides since our hydrolyzed collagen powder is such a versatile ingredient. Not only is it odorless and flavorless, but our Collagen Peptides also help to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.** Want a hint of flavor in your Mashed Potatoes? Swap our Collagen Peptides with our Bone Broth Collagen, available in Chicken and Beef.
Here's to indulging in a yummy holiday fave that everyone will enjoy. Scroll below to get cooking!
mashed potatoes recipe
Yields around 5-6 servings
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes (skin left on, cubed)
- 3 bacon strips (cooked and chopped)
- 1 T minced garlic
- ¼ C avocado oil
- ½ C almond milk
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ¼ C green onion
- 1 T fresh parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- While the water is being boiled, chop the potatoes and add to the boiling water. Boil the potatoes for about 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- As the potatoes are being boiled, add the bacon strips to a pan and cook until done.
- Once the potatoes are soft, strain the water and add the potatoes back into the pot.
- Add in the oil, milk and Collagen Peptides and mix together with a potato masher. Then add in the green onion, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Lastly, add the mashed potatoes to a dish and garnish with bacon bits and parsley.