Every time I travel to Washington, D.C., there’s one thing that I always need to do: Visit all the food trucks. Some of the tastiest food I’ve ever had has come from food trucks – and there’s nothing more exciting than being able to dig into a loaded plate of fries!
To paint a picture for those who haven’t experienced this culinary masterpiece: A classic dish of food truck fries is comprised of a bed of potatoes that are topped off with various delicious ingredients. It’s downright heavenly. My healthier at-home version of this classic recipe involves sweet potatoes and bacon. It also calls for the addition of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which is a versatile ingredient because it’s odorless, flavorless and easily dissolves in hot and cold liquids.
This Food Truck Fries recipe is quick to make and doesn’t require a lot of prep work. There’s just something about the assembly of all the ingredients piled together on top of fries that always makes me want more! This recipe is an easy one to get started with, and you can always add more or less ingredients based on what you’re craving.
Healthy Food Truck Fries
- 1 avocado
- 1 fresh bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch chives
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 limes
- 1 C grape tomatoes
- 1 pack bacon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Cut up sweet potatoes into thin fries and lightly drizzle them with avocado oil, then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes on 425°F. Flip a couple times and take them out when they are crispy and lightly browned.
- In a skillet or in the oven, cook the bacon separately. Once done, cut up into small pieces.
- Keep the sweet potatoes on the same baking sheet or remove to a large serving tray.
- Chop up cilantro, chives, grape tomatoes and sliced avocado, and top evenly. Add the sliced bacon.
- Using a ranch dressing or making your own from half parts coconut milk, mayonnaise, and 1 T dill, drizzle on top. I always add collagen into my dressings, especially if I make them myself, because it’s an easy way to incorporate it and you won’t even know it’s there!
- Squeeze fresh lime lightly over the dish and serve!