Every month, we introduce a new Guest Editor to share his or her musings on wellness, beauty, lifestyle and beyond. This month, we invited fitness pro Silvana Araujo to take part. Here, she shares her delicious collagen recipe for decadent brownies.
The holiday season is the perfect time to indulge in our favorite desserts. I am a firm believer that with the right ingredients, we can make a dessert that’s not only delicious but also guilt-free. I decided to create my own recipe that I created in my mother’s bakery by adding in better-for-you ingredients.
To take this recipe up a notch, I added one scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to the brownie mix. The hydrolyzed collagen powder is super versatile because it is unflavored, odorless and is easily soluble in hot and cold liquids. I love adding it to all my favorite recipes, from smoothies to desserts.
Let’s start baking!
Silvana Araujo's Brownie Recipe
- 1 C almond flour
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 C cacao powder
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 T coconut sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. Then add all the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- In a square baking pan spray some coconut oil to ensure mixture doesn’t stick.
- Place the mixture in the baking pan and with a spatula distribute it evenly until it is uniform on all sides.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let them cool and enjoy.