‘Tis the season for holiday recipes! With all of the warm and hearty meals that seem to be everywhere in the winter months, sometimes a light, refreshing salad is all we crave. This Arugula Salad in particular puts the holiday season’s festive colors front and center, making it a vibrant starting or side dish come dinnertime.
Packing on feta cheese, beets, pomegranate seeds, this salad expertly combines crisp flavors and comforting foods that are only complemented by the addition of the light dressing that’s found throughout.
Aside from the ingredients that are easy to spot in the final product, there is one standout addition that may not be so obvious at first glance: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which I used when cooking the beets in this recipe. Why? This hydrolyzed collagen powder is super versatile since it’s unflavored, odorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids – making this a must-have ingredient in both sweet and savory recipes.
If you are looking for a delicious holiday salad to serve at your next get-together, make sure to give this one a try.
Yields 4 servings
- 3 C water
- 2 beets (boiled, chopped)
- 4 C arugula
- 1/3 C pomegranate seeds
- ¼ C feta cheese
- ¼ C pecans (chopped)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- ¼ C avocado oil
- 1 t maple syrup
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add in the beets. Boil for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Once soft, drain the water and mix in the Collagen Peptides. Set aside and prepare the salad.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, beets, pomegranate, feta and pecans. Mix together until all of the ingredients are evenly combines.
- To prepare the dressing, add he apple cider vinegar, avocado oil and maple syrup to a bowl and whisk together.
- Drizzle on top of the salad and toss together.