A sweet treat for breakfast? Yes, please! These Coconut Muffins are perfect to grab for a quick morning bite when you’re on the go. In fact, if you bake the whole batch in advance, you will have a dozen breakfasts prepped for future mornings. Sounds sweet, right? Another perk: Some of the ingredients include coconut oil, honey and almond milk, but the standout is the addition of Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut. Not only does the coconut oil in this recipe provide each muffin with healthy fats, but so does the coconut milk powder, which is found in our Collagen Creamer™ supplement.
Let’s get started, shall we?
Yields 12 Coconut Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 C vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ C honey
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 ½ C oat flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut
- ¼ t salt
- Coconut shreds for toppings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients for the muffins in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients for the muffins to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a greased muffin pan (muffin liners optional).
- Top each muffin with desired amount of coconut shreds.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!