With summer approaching, there is no better way than to enjoy fresh foods cooked right off of barbeque. Enter: These juicy, tender Chicken Kebabs, which are delicious on the grill but can also be cooked in the oven. These Chicken Kebabs are elevated with the aid of vegetables, pineapple, and a honey garlic glaze that makes the meal a must-serve appetizer or main course. It is also a great way to get family and friends involved, as they can be assembled any way they’d like.
The honey garlic marinade is full of bold flavors, including fresh honey, minced garlic, tamari sauce, ginger, onion salt, and one very special ingredient: Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen.
Our Chicken Bone Broth Collagen is crafted with bones from free-range chickens and is simmered slowly to extract maximum nutrients. It’s low in sodium, which helps to avoid over-salting and allows you to experiment with different kinds of spices. Our Bone Broth Collagen – available in chicken and beef – also helps to promote stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints.
These honey garlic Chicken Kebabs are great to bring as an appetizer and pair perfectly with a side of brown rice, corn, or a salad. Start making yours the next time you host a kebab-making party.
Chicken Kebab Recipe
Yields Chicken Kebab servings for 5-6 people
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red union
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pineapple (cubed)
- 10-15 skewers
- 1 t onion salt
- 1 t ginger
- 1-2 T minced garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- 1/3 C honey (melted)
- 1/4 C tamari sauce
- ½ C warm water
- Mix together marinade ingredients into a small bowl. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes and add to marinade. Set chicken in the fridge for 1 hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, chop up pineapple and vegetables into small cubes.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is marinated, thread the vegetables, chicken, and pineapple onto the skewers one at a time. Drizzle the leftover marinade over the kebabs for extra flavor.
- If you are barbecuing the kebabs, you can cook them for 5-10 minutes. If you are baking them in the oven, preheat the oven to 425°F and bake them for 15-20 minutes.