These little pizza bites are the perfect treat to pack for lunches. They are delicious and full of flavor! Plus, if you are someone who likes to sneak veggies into your kids meals, this one is absolutely perfect since the crust is made out of mostly cauliflower (but you'd never know!).
Perhaps our favorite part is they are so simple to make! Just put the ingredients into a food processor and throw them in the oven for 30 minutes to bake. To spruce them up, I added some of my favorite toppings such as arugula, onion, Italian salami, vegan cheese and, of course, pizza sauce! (Side note: It may be a fun idea to have a line-up of different toppings for your kids to create their very own.) Plus, for an added boost, I used Vital Proteins Marine Collagen in the crust.
If you're ready to whip-up your own delicious creation, keep scrolling on!
Cauliflower Pizza Bites Recipe
Yields 7 Pizza Bites
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- 1 t basil salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for greasing pan (or use muffin tins)
- 50g cheese (vegan cashew)
- 1/2 C pizza sauce
- 1/4 C arugula
- 1/4 C red onion
- 25g meat of choice (pepperoni, prosciutto, bacon, salami)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a muffin tray with oil or use muffin tins for convenience. (Note: Silicone muffin trays are best.)
- Add cauliflower florets into a food processor and process until they turn into cauliflower rice. Strain the cauliflower with a cheese cloth to get all of the liquids out.
- Add the cauliflower back into the food processor with the coconut flour, egg, Marine Collagen, basil and salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture into the muffin tins about 1/4 filled or half-way. Bake for 25-30 minutes until they're crispy on top.
- Add your toppings of choice and throw them back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Cool and remove from the tins (this is where the muffin tins or silicone muffin tray are more helpful).
- Serve with sweet potato fries and enjoy!