Have you ever tried savory pancakes? You’re going to want to after checking out this collagen recipe for light, fluffy, perfectly-seasoned Carrot and Zucchini Fritters. Packed with protein thanks to the addition of eggs, these high-fiber pancakes deliver a subtle hint of sweetness in every bite.
Not only do they taste incredible, but they also happen to contain no refined flours or sugars. It calls for 4 pantry staples that you likely already have on hand. These Carrot and Zucchini Fritters are also made with Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. Here’s why you’ll love them: They’re easily soluble in hot and cold liquids and foods, and help to promote stronger hair, skin, nails and joints.**
Serve them simply as they are or if you have the time, add a side of garlicky greens, a couple of slices of crispy bacon (or smoked salmon if you're feeling fancy), and maybe add a soft-boiled egg (or two) for the ultimate treat!
These Carrot and Zucchini Fritters are guaranteed to keep you feeling full, satisfied, and bursting with energy to take on the rest of your day.
Zucchini & Carrot Fritters
Yields 2 servings of Zucchini and Carrot Fritters
- 6 eggs
- 3 C grated zucchini
- 1 C grated carrot
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Place eggs into a medium size bowl and lightly whisk.
- Add coconut flour, collagen, salt and pepper whisk again to combine.
- Place your grated zucchini and carrot into a clean piece of muslin or dishcloth and twist and squeeze to ring out any excess moisture.
- Add your zucchini and carrot to your egg mix and stir to combine.
- Cook your fritters in a medium size skillet or fry pan over medium heat with a little coconut, avocado oil, ghee (or cooking fat of choice).
- Allow your fritters to cook for 1-2 minutes, until the edges are set/nice and dry, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a plate or wire rack while your repeat this process with remaining batter.
Note: These fritters will keep well in the fridge for up to 7 days, are also 100% freezer friendly.