This BLT Breakfast Scramble is a must-have for busy school mornings or chaotic work weeks. When breakfast rolls around, It can feel challenging to think of something quick and simple, while making sure that you get in proper nutritional intake for the day. Scrambled eggs seem to be that simple breakfast option that is often turned to in times where time is tight and simplicity is key. This recipe is created on 3 factors—simplicity, efficiency and that it’s nutrition-forward.
One key aspect to this recipe is that you can prep beforehand, which will save even more time. You can pre-chop the ingredients and store them in the fridge to have on hand. In the morning, you can quickly scramble the eggs with some bacon and serve it on a plate with the bed of lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, avocado and bacon. This recipe aligns with the term “work smarter, not harder.” Whisked into the egg scramble is 1 serving of the Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen ($39; shop now), which adds 12g collagen peptides per serving and bone, joint, hair, skin & nail support**^ to your new favorite breakfast.
BLT Breakfast Scramble
- 2 eggs
- 4 strips bacon (chopped, cooked)
- 1 serving Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen
- 1 Cup Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 Cup Roma tomatoes (cubbed)
- 1/2 avocado (cubed)
- 1 Tbsp green onions (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a cooking pan, cook chopped bacon on medium heat until fully cooked through and keep half out of the pan to add as a topping.
- Next, crack each egg into the pan with the cooked bacon and whisk until the egg yolks break. Add in the Marine Collagen as the eggs become scrambled.
- Place a bed of lettuce on a plate and place the scrambled eggs on top.
- Top the scrambled eggs with the Roma tomatoes, extra Cookes bacon, avocado and green onions. Enjoy!