This Lemon Blueberry Muffin is the perfect dessert when you are looking for something simple and easy to make that will fulfill your sweet cravings. Mug recipes are great because there are many different flavors and types you can make, they require minimal time and use just one dish.
The zesty lemon flavor of Vital Proteins® Lemon Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now) pops in this recipe, plus provides 20g collagen peptides per serving and hair, skin, nail, bone and joint health benefits.**^
The blueberries are a perfect touch as they have a sweet, yet neutral flavor that balances out the other ingredients. Topped with a coconut whipped cream, it captures all of the flavors together creating a perfect and sweet treat.
Lemon Blueberry Muffin
- 1/2 c flour (gluten free 1:1 flour is used in this recipe)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 serving Vital Proteins® Lemon Collagen Peptides
- 1.5 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 c almond milk
- 1 T butter (melted or use any oil)
- 1/4 c blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- coconut whipped cream (for topping)
- In a large mug, combine all of the dry ingredients except blueberries and mix together.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients and combine until they form a batter-like consistency.
- Add in the blueberries and then place on a plate in the microwave.
- Microwave for 2.5–3 minutes, pausing if batter looks like it may overflow. (Pausing will allow it to settle and not make a mess.)
- Take out of the microwave and top with coconut whipped cream and blueberries. Enjoy!