It’s that time of year again where staying at home in our comfy clothes feels a lot more exciting than going out into the cold. This sweet snack only requires 2 minutes to cook and is an easy way to fulfill your sweet tooth—especially when you are craving chocolate!
If you love hot chocolate and brownies, this Hot Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake is made for you. It is warm, soft and the marshmallows and chocolate chips melt perfectly in every bite. The Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now) is an important part of this recipe as it provides 20g collagen peptides and hair, skin, nail, bone & joint support.**^
The next time you are contemplating a chocolatey baked good or a hot chocolate, try this recipe that does both!
Hot Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
- 1/2 Cup gluten free flour (1:1 baking flour)
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 serving Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup almond milk
- 1/8 Cup avocado oil (any neutral oil works)
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips (top with extra)
- 1/4 Cup marshmallows (top with extra)
- In a mug, combine all dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Mix together until well-combined.
- Next, slowly mix in the wet ingredients until it creates a batter-like texture. (Depending on the flour, you might need to add in extra almond milk to help with the consistency.)
- Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and marshmallow and stir until they are evenly mixed in.
- Place the mug of batter into the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave, top with more marshmallows and chocolate chips and enjoy!