Ever crave the deliciousness of banana bread but are only serving one? This simple Banana Bread Mug Cake is perfect for that solo dessert and is completely made in the microwave. Talk about easy!
In addition to this treat being made in just two minutes, it’s made with only six ingredients that are common household staples. You guessed the first one- banana! We combine this star ingredient with an egg for protein, oat flour for fiber, vanilla extract for flavor and Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now) for added benefits of collagen peptides!**^ Forget dessert, this treat is going to be your new favorite breakfast!
Did we mention that this simple recipe can be made without gluten? Simply make sure the oats are indicated gluten-free when purchasing and you are set! What are you waiting for? This heavenly treat is calling your name!
Banana Bread Mug Cake
Yields 1 serving
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 3 T oat flour
- ¼ t baking powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 1 T chocolate chips (optional)
- Add the banana to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, oat flour, baking powder and Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter (if adding).
- Grease the inside of a microwave-safe bowl prior to pouring the batter inside.
Lively Tip: Use a mug double the size of the batter to avoid overflowing.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Lively Tip: Pause the microwave as the batter reaches the top of the mug. Resume once the batter lowers.
- Top with extra chocolate chips, banana slices or you favorite toppings and enjoy!