Bruschetta is one of my favorite appetizers for two reasons: It’s delicious and it provides you with the opportunity to flex those culinary muscles in the kitchen. This recipe is unique, strays away from its traditional counterpart (we still love you, olive oil and tomatoes!) and I promise you’ll love it. This Apple & Ricotta Bruschetta recipe is super easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
The caramelized apples, which are tossed in maple syrup and cinnamon, are paired with a creamy ricotta cheese that’s topped on a toasted baguette. The balance of flavors makes for a delicious experience. To add extra crunch, I added pumpkin seeds and drizzled each baguette with the remainder sauce in the pan. Not only that, but I also incorporated Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides, which is not only an easy way to up your collagen intake, but also helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.** Plus, it contains vitamin C and hyaluronic acid for a boost in every scoop.
I hope you enjoy these mini Apple & Ricotta Bruschetta bites as much as I do!
Apple & Ricotta Bruschetta
- 1 baguette
- ½ C ricotta
- 1 apple, sliced (I used a Granny Smith apple)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- 4 T avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut baguette into slices and drizzle with half of the avocado oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, add the additional avocado oil and set to medium-heat. Add in the apple slices, maple syrup, cinnamon and Original Collagen Peptides and mix together. Cook for about 6-10 minutes or until apples becomes soft and coated.
- Spread each baguette slice with ricotta cheese and top with a caramelized apple.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!