These healthy Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are a deliciously creamy way to get your chocolate fix while also reaping the major benefits collagen has to offer. All it takes is 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to bite into this gooey recipe, which is packed with protein and healthy fats to keep you feeling fuller longer.
Consider your obsession with almond butter cups alive and well thanks to these little bite size desserts. Free of refined sugars and gluten, these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups contain Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which is flavorless and odorless.
What’s not to love?!
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- ½ C almond butter
- ½ C dark chocolate
- ½ t of cinnamon
- 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Flaky sea salt
- Place almond butter, cinnamon and collagen into a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate by your preferred method.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle some melted chocolate into a chocolate mold (mini paper or silicone cupcake/muffin cases work, too!) and spread to coat evenly. (Don’t use all your chocolate. Remember: You want to save about ¼ of it to spread on top once our chocolate cups are filled.)
- Place your chocolate cups in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Remove your chocolate cups from the fridge or freezer. Fill each chocolate cup with a spoonful of almond butter. Then use the back of your spoon to carefully smooth out the top and firmly but gently press the filling down into the chocolate cups.
- Once all your cups are filled, top with a little extra chocolate. Smooth it all the way to the edges so the filling is completely covered then sprinkle with salt and place them back into the fridge (or freezer) to set.
- These delicious little cups will keep well in the fridge for several weeks but can also be stored in the freezer for 3-6 months!