Love Kombucha? You'll Want to Try These Collagen Gummies
By: Kayleigh Lockhart
Kayleigh Lockhart is currently studying naturopathic medicine. She started her wellness journey back in high school, and quickly fell in love with educating others about healthy eating choices. Here, she shares her Kombucha Collagen Gummies recipe.
Love candy but struggling to remain true to your health ideals? Fortunately, candy doesn’t have to be loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients. In fact, it can taste just as good and be packed with probiotics and protein! There are lots of different ways to make collagen gummies — and with Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin, the flavors you can dream up are pretty endless. These Kombucha Collagen Gummies feature Health-Ade’s Chocolate Reishi Kombucha and raw cacao powder, but feel free to use any other kind of kombucha if you already have a favorite.
RELATED: How to Use Collagen (Plus, 15 Recipes to Get You Started)
Kombucha Collagen Gummies
Yields about 24 large collagen gummies
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 C kombucha (I used Health-Ade Chocolate Reishi)
- ½ C hot water (just under boiling)
- ¼ C raw cacao powder
- 2 T maple syrup
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of kombucha with 1 scoop Beef Gelatin until a smooth paste forms.
- Quickly add ½ cup hot water and stir completely. Add the other ½ cup of the kombucha.
- Add ¼ cup raw cacao powder and whisk until dissolved.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons (more or less depending on desired sweetness) of maple syrup, or preferred sweetener.
- Before you fill your silicone mold, place it on a plate, cookie sheet or cutting board that will fit into your refrigerator or freezer. Once your mold is filled you won’t be able to easily pick it up without spilling, so you’ll want something sturdy underneath of it to make moving it easier!
- Pour the mixture into the silicone mold, and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pop the gummies out of the mold, and store in the refrigerator.