Glowing skin is one of the few universal looks that complements everyone. It will turn heads in any room no matter where you go. First and foremost, always remember that a well-lit glow starts from within, so be sure to eat a wholesome diet and stay hydrated.
Even so, you may find your skin needing a little help at certain points of the year — and that’s where makeup comes in. This natural makeup routine for glowy, dewy skin will help you look flawless all 365 days of the year.
Step 1: Skin Prep
Exfoliating creates a smooth, more even surface and will help your makeup look like real skin. Enzymatic and brightening masks are great for pre-makeup application as they exfoliate the skin and help purify pores, leaving an even, smooth surface. If you are prepping for a big event, allow your skin time to relax after removing the mask with a warm towel. For best results, incorporate a mask into your routine throughout the week to keep skin fresh and luminous.
Tata Harper – Resurfacing Mask
Prāz - Vitamin C Vitality Mask
Step 2: Moisturize
Moisturizing after masking is crucial to ensure all benefits from the mask are absorbed by the skin while providing long lasting hydration and a balanced complexion. Daytime moisturizers come in all shapes and sizes, but when in doubt prioritize sun protection and coverage. SPF should be a daily part of your regimen and is readily available in moisturizers, so no excuses! BB and CC creams offer a range of coverage to create an even tone as an added benefit.
W3LL People – Bio Tint Multi-Action Moisturizer
Juice Beauty – Stem Cellular CC Cream
Step 3: Bronzer
No matter your skin tone, use this general rule: Choose a shade one or two darker than your natural skin tone, otherwise your glow may look artificial. Sets and duos are a great option as they come with multiple shades offer more customization and natural looking results.
- Fair to light: sheer, slightly rose or peach-colored bronzer
- Medium to olive: sheer copper or earth-colored bronzer
- Darker skin: rich, chocolaty-brown bronzers with subtle shimmer, warm or blue undertones
Kosas – Color + Light: Pressed
Antonym Cosmetics – Baked Blush
Step 4: Highlight
Use a highlighter for a bit of definition on your cheekbones by applying in a diagonal line from just beneath the center of your eye socket up towards your hairline, and blend. You can look even more radiant with the right formula for your skin type. For normal to oily skin types, choose a powder highlight. For normal to dry skin types, a cream highlighter is a better option.
- Dip a small/flat brush into the powder and tap off any excess powder
- Apply to the top of your cheekbones and blend
- Use a facial mist to set powder and create a flawless look
Rituel De Fille – Rare Light Luminizer
VAPOUR – Artist Multi-Use Palette
- Use your fingers to apply
- Warm a small amount of the product with your fingertips- heat helps provide a smooth application
- Press onto cheekbones and blend
Kjaer Weis – Radiance Highlighter
If you’d like a greater glow, apply your highlighter to:
- Your cupid’s bow above your upper lip
- The bridge of your nose
- The center of your chin and forehead
- Underneath the highest point of your brows