Free shipping on all orders over $50*

The Best Ways To Keep Up With Your Wellness Routine While Traveling

August 10, 2021

It's always hard to keep up good habits during the warmer months, especially when you're traveling. When the weather is hot, it can be easy to load up on sugary drinks and desserts, which, when not done in moderation, is not the healthiest choice.

Being in a new place, having jam-packed days or just wanting to unwind can make your healthy habits and healthy relationships with food hard to maintain. Use these wellness traveling tips to keep up healthy habits while heading out on adventures.

wellness travel tips

1. Prepare Healthy Snacks

When traveling there may be days when you don’t have time to sit down and have a full meal, or when the food options around you are not very healthy. The best way to combat hunger without reaching for processed food is to pack your own! Whether it's your favorite healthy bar (like our Vital Performance™ Protein Bar)homemade granola or fresh vegetables, having something ready to eat will help you make healthy choices and keep you full. If you don't have time to pack your own snacks look for fresh fruit or vegetable options.

2. Pack Travel Sizes

Once you get into a wellness routine, consistency is key to get the most benefits, which can be hard when you're traveling. The best way to stick to your routine while traveling is to bring travel sizes of your favorite products, like Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen stick packs, Hydration** + Collagen or any of our new Wellness Gummies.

Travel-friendly packs like this make it easy to stick to your routine without lugging around bulky containers while you travel. If your favorite product doesn't come in a travel size, make your own with small to-go containers!

3. Eat Out Smart

One of the best parts of traveling is getting to experience the food and culture in a new place. Sticking to a wellness plan doesn’t have to mean totally forgoing indulgences on your vacation. Instead, remember everything in moderation.

If you need a bit more structure than that, a good strategy to follow is the 70/30 rule. For 70 percent of your meals, choose health-forward dishes that focus on proteins, fruits or vegetables and whole grains. For the other 30 percent, give yourself a little more freedom to indulge in the food around you. This helps you feel balanced in your choices while also enjoying the best local ice cream spot.

At the end of the day, do what makes you feel best. You shouldn't feel guilty for trying the local food or getting an extra dessert.

wellness travel tips

4. Shop Local Markets

Shopping at the local farmer's market is a great way to learn about the place you're staying and get exposed to fresh, local foods. Since shopping local markets often means you'll be buying produce that is fresh and in season, you'll be able to pick up staples for healthy eating. This is especially useful if you're staying at a place with a kitchen. Stock up your fridge so you can whip up a meal easily on your trip, keeping you healthy and saving you money, too.

Shop Wellness On The Go