For taco lovers, just a weekly dinner celebration of Taco Tuesday isn't always enough. But have you ever thought about having tacos for breakfast? This breakfast taco skillet is a delicious way to start your day and a great way to add more tacos to your diet, not to mention a healthy meal that will fuel your morning. Plus, it starts off your day right with veggies and protein first thing in the morning.
This recipe is definitely Insta-worthy, and though it looks complicated, it may surprise you how easy it is to whip up. The combination of chili powder, cumin and onion powder ensure a pop flavor, and the nutritional yeast gives it a comforting "cheesy" taste. The Vital Proteins® Beef Bone Broth Collagen ($49; shop now on vitalproteins.com) is a simple way to get some extra nutrients as it easily blends and absorbs in the beef mixture. Plus, a serving of collagen makes it a breakfast that supports healthy hair, skin, nails and joints!**
You can pair this recipe with tortilla chips, toast, or even a wrap (and you don’t have to save it just for breakfast).
Taco Breakfast Skillet
Yields 3-4 servings
- 1 T extra avocado oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C white onion (chopped)
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (cubed)
- 2 baby bell peppers (chopped)
- 1/4 green onion (for garnish)
- In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and ground beef. Cook beef thoroughly.
- Once the beef is cooked, add in the chili powder, Bone Broth Collagen, cumin, onion powder, black pepper and nutritional yeast until combined.
- Make 3 small pockets in the beef mixture and gently crack one egg into each.
- Once the eggs begin to cook, add a lid on top for 3 minutes or until the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the stove and top with the tomatoes, avocado, baby peppers and green onion. Enjoy!