One of the best parts about summer is fresh produce. Gardens are finally sprouting fresh vegetables and farmers markets are overflowing with the best local produce. This makes it the perfect time of year to make spring rolls out of our favorite farming vegetables.
Vegetable spring rolls are a delicious afternoon snack, as they are loaded with all the vegetables and colors of the rainbow. They are packed with nutrients and delicious flavors and pair perfectly with a peanut sauce. Bonus: The peanut sauce seems fancy, but it's actually incredibly easy to make — and what makes the spring rolls so tasty.
In this recipe, we add Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen ($35; shop now on vitalproteins.com) to the peanut sauce to help boost your daily collagen intake. Plus, this marine-based collagen powder dissolves easily in the sauce and helps support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.**
Rainbow Spring Rolls
Yields 3 servings (2 spring rolls per serving)
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 lime
Peanut Sauce Directions:
- Bring a saucepan over heat and mix in the soy sauce and avocado oil.
- Add in the peanut butter, marine collagen and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
Note: You may want to add more soy sauce to thin out the sauce and to add more of a salt flavor.
Spring Roll Ingredients:
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 C lettuce
- 1 C purple cabbage
- 1/4 C cilantro
- 1 T black sesame seeds
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 6 rice paper wraps
Spring Roll Directions:
- With a sharp knife, julienne the carrot, cucumber and bell peppers.
- Chop up with lettuce and the purple cabbage.
- Add each rice paper separately onto a plate with about 1/4 C warm water. Let soak for 5 seconds and remove, placing rice paper onto a flat cutting board.
- Add the vegetables, cilantro, sesame seeds and hemp hearts to the bottom edge of the ride wrap.
- Take the bottom fold of the rice wrap and begin to fold over the vegetables. Keep rolling and as you roll, tuck in the sides of the wrap.
- Once the filling is tucked into the roll, set it on a plate and top with sesame seeds, hemp seeds and cilantro.
- Dip in the peanut sauce and enjoy.
Note: You may add shrimp or chicken for protein or sticky rice for more filling.