5 Easy Protein Powder Recipes To Fuel Your Day
When it comes to the best protein powders, we're a little biased over here. You see, we *love* our Collagen Whey Protein. Beyond the obvious — like helping improve overall athletic performance & recovery, aiding in joint health and improving energy — our protein powder is actually the perfect addition to many recipes.**
Just take these 5 protein powder recipes for example. From donuts (yes, really!) to smoothies, no-bake cookies & more, they're the perfect way to add 25g protein per serving (+ collagen!) seamlessly into your routine. After all, committing to wellness should be easy, fun and delicious, right?! Scroll on to get inspired.
apple protein pancakes
Yields 6 Servings
- 3 eggs
- ½ C light coconut milk
- 1 C applesauce (look for no sugar added)
- 3 T softened butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 6 T coconut flour
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey Protein
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t sea salt
- Optional for topping: warm apple slices and maple syrup
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, applesauce, butter, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract to a large blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey Protein, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt to the blender. Blend again to incorporate. Stop to scrape down the sides and allow the coconut flour to be fully absorbed. Blend again on high until you have a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium to medium-low heat (the pan used may cause this to vary slightly). Grease lightly with additional butter and drop the batter into pancake shapes, 4-6" in size. Spread the batter out slightly and allow the pancakes to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges begin to brown. Flip and cook until browned on the other side.
- Remove to a cooling rack for 3-5 minutes before serving. Repeat with the remaining batter.
gluten-free chocolate donuts
Yields 6 Servings
- 1½ C powdered sugar
- 1/2 C finely chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease donut pan with coconut oil or butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey Protein, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together applesauce, yogurt, and egg.
- Combine both bowls and whisk together well to make the batter.
- Fill donut molds with batter (I put the batter in a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole to use as a piping bag).
- Tap the mold on the counter to even out the batter.
- Bake donuts in oven for 10 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, crush 1/2 cup of strawberries in a bowl.
- Add 1½ cup of powdered sugar and whisk until you have a thick glaze. Set aside.
- Remove donut mold from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then place donuts on cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Dip the donuts into glaze and serve.
Cocoa Whey No-Bake Cookies
Yields 24 Cookies
- Add the peanut butter, honey, butter, and vanilla extract to a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the cacao powder, Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate & Coconut Water Collagen Whey Protein, and whole rolled oats. Stir vigorously until well-mixed.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop balls of the dough onto a lined sheet pan. Place in the freezer or refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Yields 2 Servings
- Blend together all ingredients except for the Vital Proteins Banana, Cinnamon & Vanilla Collagen Whey. Add this after everything has been blended.
- Enjoy immediately!
pumpkin protein bites
Yields 24 Servings
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until you form dough balls.
- Next, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball. Place the ball on a plate and repeat until all the dough is rolled into balls.
- Place the plate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the plate out of the fridge and place the bites into an airtight container. Store in the fridge.
Shop Vital Proteins Collagen Whey Protein