There is something about homemade treats that feels nostalgic! We've dreamt up tasty collagen gummies, and now we’re taking our love for all things candy to the next level with these Coconut Candy Bites. Inspired by the candy bars that dominated our childhoods (and present day, TBH), this collagen recipe calls for ingredients you likely already have in your pantry as well as Vital Performance™ Vanilla Coconut Protein Bars ($36 for 12-pack; shop now on vitalproteins.com). Not only will you fall head-over-heels in love with the decadent flavor, but you’ll want to add them to your regular rotation since these no-bake goodies take less than an hour to make.
Each Coconut Candy Bite features our low-lactose Protein Bar as the bottom layer, a creamy coconut filling as the middle layer and a crisp chocolate shell to top it off! While the Vital Performance™ Protein Bar gives the candy a nice protein kick, the coconut butter and coconut oil add a ton of healthy fats, while the cashew butter and honey create the perfect texture-flavor combination.
Coconut Candy Bites
Yields 20 Coconut Candy Bites
- 5 Vital Performance™ Vanilla Coconut Protein Bars
- 2 T coconut butter
- ¼ C cashew butter
- 1 T honey
- ½ t vanilla
- 1 T coconut oil
- ½ C coconut shreds
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1 t coconut oil
- Coconut shreds (optional)
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut butter and coconut oil.
- Add the cashew butter, vanilla and honey to the bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut shreds and set aside.
- Unwrap the Vital Performance™ Protein Bars, slice each into 4 even pieces and place in a lined pan.
- Place a small scoop of the mixture on top of each protein bar slice.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Submerge each bite into the chocolate, placing them back on the parchment paper and topping with additional coconut shreds.
- Freeze for another 20 minutes and enjoy! These Coconut Candy Bites can be stored in the freezer or refrigerator once complete.