Double the chocolate, double the flavor! If you’re ready for a breakfast that tastes more like dessert and less like, well, breakfast, bookmark this decadent collagen recipe. These Double Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins are the best way to kick off any morning routine!
Not only is each chocolate muffin packed with chocolate, but it also boasts better-for-you ingredients like coconut oil and protein – the latter of which comes courtesy of Vital Performance™ Chocolate Protein ($29.99; shop now on vitalproteins.com). Why you'll love our lactose-free, anytime protein powder: Each serving contains 25g of complete protein (including 10g of collagen) to complement your daily routine with every scoop.
This one-bowl recipe is incredibly easy to make and will have you enjoying chocolatey goodness in under 30 minutes! If you’ve been looking for a protein-rich breakfast treat, this is it!
Double Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
Yields 12 Muffins
- 1 egg
- 2½ T granulated monk fruit or sugar
- 2 T coconut oil
- ¾ C oat flour
- 1 scoop Vital Performance™ Chocolate Protein
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 t instant coffee
- ¾ C almond milk
- ¾ t baking powder
- Dash of salt (optional)
- ⅓ C chocolate chips
- Chocolate chips (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg, sugar and coconut oil.
- Add all dry ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, into the bowl.
- Once combined, stir in the almond milk to thin out the batter. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Once the batter is ready, evenly pour into 12 muffin liners. Tip: For larger muffins, fill the batter up higher (serving size: 9).
- Bake for 20 minutes and top with additional chocolate chips once removed from the oven. Enjoy!