Real talk: I have a smoothie for breakfast at least four times a week – I’m in love and why shouldn’t I be? They are quick and easy to make. Plus, they allow you to get creative with different ingredients that can satisfy your every craving – all while keeping things nutritious.
Recently, I started prepping my smoothies ahead of time by adding most of the ingredients in freezer bags, so I could have them ready to grab and blend come morning time. It works a little something like this: I add a base of my favorite milk and a smoothie pack to the blender. Then I top it off with collagen and any additional ingredients. It’s a great way to make a nutritious meal in the morning when I’m pinched for time. Sounds amazing, right? It really is that easy. There’s no better feeling than knowing I have a breakfast that’s ready to go in 5 minutes.
My go-to breakfast smoothie is loaded with healthy fats (shout out to coconut milk!) and hydrolyzed collagen powder – Vital Proteins Mixed Berry Collagen Peptides is a must-add when I’m craving a smoothie that’s equal parts tart and sweet. And since I’m a fan of savory, too, the recipe below – for my famous Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie – does the trick every single time. PB & J lovers, you’re in for a real treat.
If you have a busy week ahead that you’re looking to streamline, consider using this recipe in your morning routine. (Note: The recipe below is for one smoothie bag.)
Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie
Yields 1 smoothie
Smoothie Bag Ingredients:
- 1 C mixed berries
- 2 T peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1 T raw honey
- Handful of Kale
Ingredients Added to Smoothie:
- Full-fat coconut milk
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Mixed Berry Collagen Peptides
- Gather the desired number of disposable freezer bags or reusable silicone bags.
- Add all ingredients into each bag.
- Collagen can be added to each bag ahead of time, but you can choose to leave it out for now – flavor cravings can change after all!
- Store the bags in the freezer and use when ready.
- Add full-fat coconut milk to a blender, pour the bag’s contents, and use a spoon to scrape the sides if any honey or almond butter were left behind.
- Add collagen and any extra ingredients, blend and enjoy!