There is nothing better than waking up on the weekend and watching holiday movies all morning long while eating a big batch of pancakes. These breakfast oatmeal pancakes deliciously fit that dream scenario — especially when accompanied by a big mug of hot chocolate or tea.
What I love about these pancakes are that they are nutrient-dense and packed with holiday flavors. The combination of oats, cinnamon and vanilla bring out a warm and nutty taste. Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides ($25; shop on vitalproteins.com) is another standout ingredient in this recipe. It's super versatile as it's unflavored and odorless, so you can add it to both sweet and savory recipes.
All that said, I hope these pancakes make their way to your kitchen table this holiday season. Add some syrup and a hot mug of hot chocolate for a merry day ahead!
Holiday Breakfast Pancakes Recipe
- 3 C rolled oats
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1½ C almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ⅓ C raspberries
- ¼ C pomegranate
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a frying pan add in coconut oil and cook over medium heat.
- Scoop in about 1/3 C of mixture and cook on both sides for up to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, add toppings and enjoy!