There is something very nostalgic about a mug filled to the brim with hot cocoa and marshmallows. It’s the coziest cold-weather beverage to make once temps begin to dip. This hot chocolate is delicious and brings in beautiful aromas to the home. But it is different from other recipes. We put a holiday twist on it by sneaking in some pumpkin pie spice to make this drink a staple for both fall and winter.
The pumpkin pie spice isn’t the only twist. This slow cooker-made hot chocolate contains an additional ingredient: Vital Proteins® Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte™ supplement($45; shop now on vitalproteins.com). This flavored collagen powder combines a decadent chocolate flavor and bone broth collagen. Plus, it’s free of artificial sweeteners and additives.
Cozy up to this Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate this holiday season. Get the collagen recipe below.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
Yields 6-8 servings
- 4-8 C almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte supplement
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1 C marshmallows (optional)
- In a slow cooker, add in all of the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the maple syrup and combine with the dry ingredients until fully combines.
- Next, add in the almond milk and stir together all of the ingredients.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for two hours.
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug, top with marshmallows & enjoy!