I think I could consume all types of chocolate at any time of the day. Considering my favorite snack is hummus, I thought it would be a brilliant idea to combine the two and create a delicious chocolate brownie paleo creation that is both sweet and healthy! This Chocolate Brownie Hummus tastes exactly like brownie batter and can be eaten by the spoonful. It's sweet, decadent and fudgy — exactly like warm brownies right out of the oven!
I can't even imagine now how wonderful this hummus would be spread perfectly on graham crackers while sitting around the fire making s’mores or on top of fluffy pancakes in the morning for breakfast. It also helps combat your sweet tooth but it has better-for-you ingredients (like Vital Proteins Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte™) making it a guilt-free pleasure. The cashews add a thick and nutty texture, while the cocoa powder and hot chocolate add a double-chocolate touch!
For serving ideas, it would be a beautiful addition to any sweet and chocolate-y charcuterie board. If you are looking for a new treat to try at home, consider this dessert hummus. Try it out and see for yourself!
Paleo Chocolate Hummus
Yields 3-4 servings
- 1 1/2 C cashews (soaked in boiling water)
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte™
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 T dark chocolate chips
- 1 t shredded coconut (optional)
- Soak the cashews in boiling water and cover with a dishcloth for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips and coconut oil). Blend for 5 minutes on high speed or until mixture is smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil and 1 T of chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Scoop the hummus into a bowl. Top with additional chocolate chips and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Serve with nuts, fruit or graham crackers. Enjoy with a cold glass of almond or cashew milk.
Shop Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte Supplement™