Nothing beats the warm, sweet scent of fresh baked goods filling an entire home, right? This Mother's Day, we have the collagen recipe that will do just that! These Oat Crumble Muffins are a treat everyone is bound to love. They are hearty, sweet and the perfect cross between breakfast and dessert, making them the ideal treat, regardless of what your Mother's Day celebrations look like!
Each muffin is filled with better-for-you ingredients that include gluten-free oats, bananas and walnuts! And of course, you can't forget Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla ($29; shop now on vitalproteins.com)! The dairy-free supplement is an easy and tasty way to up your daily collagen intake.
Now, let's talk about texture. These muffins are melt-in-your-mouth soft on the inside, and boast a delicious, crumbly top on the outside. Ready to look like a pro baker this year? Keep scrolling to get started!
Oat Crumble Muffins
Yields 6 Oat Crumble Muffins
- 1 C gluten-free oat flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ C creamy almond butter
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- ½ C walnuts
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Creamer in Vanilla
- 1 t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 chia egg (1 T chia seeds + 1½ T water)
- 2 T gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 T coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your "chia egg" by mixing 1 T of chia seeds and 1½ of T water in a small bowl. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the two bananas. Then mix in the almond butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients besides the walnuts and “chia egg.” Stir the batter until fully integrated.
- Mix the “chia egg” into the batter and fold in the walnuts once complete.
- Scoop the batter evenly into 6 greased muffin molds.
- In a small bowl, mix the two topping ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture onto the top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
- Let the muffins cool & enjoy!