If you are a chocolate lover and a coffee lover, this Mocha Pie recipe is for you. Made with simple ingredients, it delivers a much more complex, elegant flavor and is quite the crowd pleaser.
Coffee and chocolate pair very well because of their dark, illustrious roasted bean flavor. The term mocha generally refers to those two flavors merging together in a beverage. But it can be used in any recipe, including this Mocha Pie. And, better yet, aside from the crust, the pie filling requires no baking. And since no-bake recipes don’t require the use of eggs, feel free to lick the spoon as the filling is being made (trust us, you’ll want to).
We used a gluten-free pizza crust for the base, popping it into the oven before pouring in the no-bake filling. But this recipe can also be made without an oven. A simple way to create a no-bake crust is to use some type of nut, like walnuts, and dates to blend or process together to form a raw crust batter. You may have made something similar in this mini cheesecake recipe or this fruit pizza. It’s a great way to create a healthy crust without grains, gluten or any baking involved.
The filling is what really makes this no-bake mocha pie sing. Coconut cream melted with dark chocolate chips, coconut oil and real espresso is then blended with dates and vanilla extract for a decadent chocolate treat. Although feel free to leave the guilt behind because we only include healthy ingredients in our treats!
Don’t forget to add in our Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha for extra collagen protein you won’t find in any other type of mocha pie out there. This no-bake mocha pie will be a perfect addition to the dessert table at gatherings for holiday parties, but we won’t tell anyone if you make it just for yourself.
No-Bake Mocha Pie
- 1 C walnuts
- ½ C Medjool dates (pitted)
- Pinch of salt
*If you prefer, a gluten-free crust works just fine.
- 1 C coconut cream
- ¼ C dark chocolate chips
- ¼ C coconut oil
- ½ C dates, pitted
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha
- 2 t instant espresso powder OR 2 T finely ground espresso/coffee beans
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pulse crust ingredients in a food processor until well combined. Use water or non-dairy milk to facilitate blending if the mixture is too chunky.
- Place crust into a pie dish and press into the bottoms and up the sides. Set aside.
- In a small pot, add in coconut cream, dark chocolate chips and coconut oil and melt on low heat. Add to a heavy-duty blender.
- Add in pitted dates, Collagen Creamer, espresso powder, vanilla extract and salt and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pour filling on top of the pie crust and place in the refrigerator to cool and harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, if desired.