Make these Matcha Mint Chip Macaroons for your friends and family. Trust us: they’ll feel lucky to know you. No baking needed, these macaroons are ready in just minutes. Grind up coconut, spearmint and cacao nibs for a healthy take on that familiar mint chip flavor. Of course, no matcha dessert is complete without the addition of our Matcha Collagen. It mixes in seamlessly and delivers green tea notes as well as a boost of balanced protein.
Matcha Mint Chip Macaroons
Yields 20 large or 40 small macaroons
- 2 C shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 10 large medjool dates (about 100 grams)
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- ½ t sea salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 t spearmint extract
- 2 T virgin coconut oil
- 4-6 t filtered water
- ¼ C raw cacao nibs
- Combine the shredded coconut, dates, Matcha Collagen, sea salt, vanilla, spearmint, and coconut oil in the bowl of a large food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly and mixed well, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add the filtered water 2 teaspoons at a time until the mix is moist and sticks together when pinched between two fingers. The amount of water needed will vary depending on the moisture in the dates added.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse a few times to incorporate. Over-mixing the nibs will cause the macaroons to lose some of their green color. Using a small cookie scoop (yields 20 macaroons) or a rounded tablespoon (yields 40 smaller macaroons), portion out the macaroons onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Move the pan to the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the macaroons have hardened slightly. Place them in a sealed container and keep refrigerated. Remove them 10 minutes prior to eating to let them soften a bit.