When it comes to cooking with collagen, our Packaging Production Designer, Marisol Lozano, prefers to incorporate the powdered supplement – specifically Vital Proteins® Chicken Bone Broth Collagen ($49; shop now) to family-favorite recipes.
"Everyone always knew that Abuelita made the best rice! It's a staple food that can be paired with any Latinx dish," Lozano, who identifies as Mexican American, tells Lively. "When I saw that Vital Proteins had a Bone Broth Collagen, I thought it would be a great and versatile way to add collagen to my diet while still keeping this dish."
As for how else Lozano adds Bone Broth Collagen to her routine, she says she also enjoys adding a scoop of this collagen powder to fideo (Mexican noodle soup) and ramen.
Ready to step up your collagen cooking game? Keep scrolling to try Lozano’s favorite recipe below.
Want Vital Proteins® collagen recipes on your Instagram feed? Follow @vitalrecipes!
Yields 3 servings
- 1 C washed rice
- 2 T cooking oil
- ½ white onion (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ C peas and carrots (optional)
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- 2 C water
- Sauté the rice in hot oil in a saucepan until golden brown.
- While rice is cooking, blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt and a splash of water.
- Pour tomato puree into the rice using a strainer and stir.
- Add in remaining ingredients.
- Stir while bringing it to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve & enjoy!