Looking for a way to switch up your oatmeal in the morning? If you’re anything like me, nothing beats a warm, sweet, and filling breakfast. But sometimes you don’t have all the ingredients, or maybe you’re just looking for a different flavor once in a while. This recipe has been my go-to almost every morning this month and adding fresh fruits and various toppings makes it different (and so enjoyable) every day!
The star ingredient of this recipe is shredded coconut. Not only is coconut packed with health benefits to help keep you fueled throughout the day, but it also provides enough of a warm flavor that additional sweeteners aren’t needed as much. And the secret to making this thick and creamy? Flax seeds. You may be familiar with “flax eggs” in baking, and that is because they gel in water, firming up recipes and holding ingredients together.
Additionally, Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha adds the most luxurious flavor to anything you bake, especiallyin this Maple Vanilla Breakfast Bowl. Our Mocha Collagen Creamer is free of dairy, gluten and added sweeteners. It also provides an energy boost in users thanks to the MCTs found in the coconut milk powder. Additionally, collagen helps to promote stronger hair, skin, nails and joints, so you really can’t go wrong with this VP product.
Are you ready to take your breakfast to the next level?
Maple Vanilla Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Yields 2 servings of Maple Vanilla Breakfast Bowl
- 16 oz. full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 C ground flax seeds
- 1/4 C chopped cashews
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha
- 2 T chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Start by heating up 16 oz. of full-fat coconut milk and add in 1/2 C shredded coconut and 1/4 C ground flax seeds.
- Heat the mixture up until slightly boiling and add in cinnamon, maple syrup and crushed cashews.
- Let it cool down for about 5 minutes, then add in chia seeds and Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer®.
- Allow the collagen and flax to gel on the stove for a few more minutes, then take it off the heat & add your favorite toppings.