Deliciously buttery cashews are lightly toasted then blended with a splash of vanilla, a golden spice mix (turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger), and a cheeky pinch of salt in order to deliver this perfectly spiced jar of Golden Spiced Cashew Butter.
Not only is this particular cashew butter delicious, but it also happens to be quite the nutritional powerhouse thanks to antioxidant-rich turmeric (fun fact: The spice aids in post-workout recovery) and Vital Proteins Golden Milk Collagen Latte. Available in four flavors – Cocoa Caramel, Hot Cocoa, Madagascar Vanilla, and Golden Milk – each one of our dairy-free Collagen Lattes contains 10g of bone broth collagen, 600mg of organic ashwagandha, 50mg of hyaluronic acid (HA), and 1g of sugar per serving from whole-food ingredients.
There's something truly magical about the way the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger in this Golden Spiced Cashew Butter recipe cuts through the buttery richness of the cashews, adding the perfect hint of sweetness that ties in so beautifully with the earthy tones of turmeric.
Made with no refined flours or sugars and just a handful of ingredients, this cashew butter comes together in minutes. The only thing that's left to decide is how to consume this homemade treat. Straight up by the spoonful (my personal favorite!), on chocolate, on toast, in smoothies, slathered on apples or a banana – the options are endless!
Golden Spiced Cashew Butter
Yields 11/2 C of Golden Spiced Cashew Butter
- 2 C raw cashews
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1/2 t salt flakes
- 1/8 t ground black pepper
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Golden Milk Collagen Latte
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non-stick silpat mat) then add your cashews making sure they are spread evenly.
- Roast your nuts for 5-7 minutes, until gloriously golden, deliciously fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Pour your golden, delicious toasted cashews into the bowl of your food processor or blender, add salt and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Initially, they would grind down into a powder.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency, add the vanilla, Vital Proteins Golden Milk Collagen Latte, and remaining spices. Process until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep well for up to two weeks.
Note: If you prefer a thinner nut butters, feel free to add a drizzle of coconut oil 1 tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency.