This time of year calls for all the tasty, seasonal meals – including breakfast! These Maple Cinnamon Waffles will get you right into the holiday spirit, covering your home and taste buds with the sweetest, most comforting flavor.
These waffles are soft yet crispy on the outside and packed with maple and cinnamon flavor on the inside. Trust us: You won’t be able to resist! As for what you’ll need to whip up these waffles, stock up on maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, ghee or butter and a dash of salt, among other staples – classic ingredients you may already have in your kitchen! To take this recipe to the next level, however, we added two scoops of Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen ($36; shop now). You can also use two scoops Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein ($30; shop now). Why? We believe boosting your daily collagen intake should be easy and delicious. Hello, versatility!
This recipe yields four large waffles for a breakfast you’ll remember long after your last bite. Keep reading for the full how-to.
Maple Cinnamon Waffles
Yields 4 Maple Cinnamon Waffles
- 1 egg
- ¼ C maple syrup
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 1 T ghee or butter
- ⅛ C almond milk
- ¾ C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen or 2 scoops Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- 2 t cinnamon
- ¼ t baking powder
- Dash of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add the maple syrup, ghee or butter and vanilla extract to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl, continuing to whisk until fully integrated.
- Lastly, add in the almond milk to slightly thin the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the center of your hot, greased waffle pan.
- Bake each waffle until the edges begin to brown and repeat.
- Top with additional maple syrup or any toppings of your choice and enjoy!