Dinner is served! Add this Rosemary Chicken to your weeknight menu for a flavorful, festival departure from your usual meals. Paired with orange, lemon and fresh cranberries, this Rosemary Chicken is equal parts savory and sweet, and is a must-have for every holiday spread. Plus, this recipe calls for Vital Proteins® Chicken Bone Broth Collagen for a boost to your daily collagen intake.
Looking for an easy, flavorful holiday meal? Bookmark this collagen recipe for Rosemary Chicken.
Rosemary Chicken With Fresh Cranberries and Oranges
- 2 C fresh cranberries
- ⅓ C coconut sugar
- 2-3 T white wine vinegar (or sub with balsamic vinegar)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ T fresh rosemary (more rosemary for garnish)
- 1 t paprika
- ⅓ C olive oil
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 celery stalks
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Start by macerating the cranberries. This is a technique used to break down the fruit a bit and encourage the sweet flavors to come out.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, coconut sugar, and white wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Rub the chicken with the minced garlic on both sides. Season well with salt and pepper. Combine the rosemary and paprika then apply to the chicken pieces on both sides.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and Chicken Bone Broth Collagen. Now add the chicken, celery and onions. Work everything together and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive (or avocado) oil in a skillet. Place the chicken skin side down to brown on medium-high for 5 minutes. Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Place the chicken, onions, celery and any liquid from the marinade in a lightly oiled baking pan. Then, add the chopped orange and drained cranberries.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.