Looking to cool down in the summer heat? This Lemon Coconut Sorbet is here to help you flavor up your summer! The simple recipe calls for minimal ingredients, is made in just a few steps and—most importantly—is completely refreshing!
This summertime treat is made with coconut cream as the base, meaning it’s made without dairy. The star ingredient is our NEW Vital Proteins® Lemon Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now), plus lemon juice and honey for sweetness. Now that’s a treat! Did we mention our Lemon Collagen Peptides takes the flavor to a whole new level? If you like a sweet treat with a little tang, this one was made for you.
Another incredible part of this recipe is the prep time. Once the mixture is prepared, simply pop it in the freezer and it’ll be ready to go whenever you get the craving. Having a treat for yourself? Grab a single serving! Hosting your friends? Use the whole tray! This recipe is bound to be a new summer favorite.
Lemon Coconut Sorbet
Yields ~12 scoops
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Lemon Collagen Peptides
- 2 (13.5–14 oz) cans of coconut cream
- 1 C lemon juice
- 1 T honey
- Add the coconut cream, lemon juice and honey to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the Vital Proteins® Lemon Collagen Peptides and, using a handheld mixer, blend lightly until integrated with no clumps.
- Distribute the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- To serve, pop the amount you would like into a blender and pulse 2 to 5 times until the mixture looks like a powder (mixing too long will cause the mixture to turn to liquid, making it unable to scoop).
- Pack the mixture into an ice cream scoop and scoop into bowls. Enjoy plain, or top with honey!