Lively connected with Kim Conley, two-time Olympian and professional runner for New Balance, to get the scoop on how she started running, what it’s like to be an Olympian, how she fuels her runs and more!
Check out the Lively blog for more posts by Conley.
The steel cut oats are a nutritious way to start the day, and give me an extra boost of protein via Vital Performance™ Protein ($29.99; shop now). And, since I am very mindful of my tendon and ligament health, I also incorporate Collagen Peptides ($25; shop now) into the recipe.
Here's how to take your breakfast to an Olympic level.
Steel Cut Oats Recipe
- ½ C dry steel cut oats
- 1 C low-fat milk
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- ½ scoop Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries (fresh or frozen, depending on the season)
- Chopped walnuts
- Combine oats, milk, Collagen Peptides and protein.
- Microwave or prepare on the stove
- Mix in berries, cinnamon, walnuts
- Stir, top with more berries, enjoy!
Note: The oats can be made on the spot in the microwave or on the stove. Or, combine the ingredients in a jar and soak to make overnight oats.