It’s time to bring out all the baking supplies just in time for the holiday season. Every single year I look forward to holiday baking with my family because we’ll make all sorts of sweets, from shortbread cookies to puppy chow. But what I love even more than dreaming up desserts is getting together with friends and doing an exchange.
This year, I wanted to try something different so I decided to make some classic Thumbprint Cookies using chia seed jam. These oatmeal cookies are soft and chewy with a delicious raspberry chia seed jam filling. One of the best parts about this recipe? The jam only requires two simple ingredients without the use of any additives or coloring. They make for a great morning snack or an afternoon treat with a cup of warm coffee or tea not only because they're easy to make but are also very on brand for the holiday season.
Adding two scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides also sets this holiday cookie recipe apart. The hydrolyzed collagen powder helps support healthy hair skin, nails and joints**. Plus, they are odorless, flavorless and easily soluble in hot liquids, making them a versatile ingredient for any sweet and savory recipe.
Yields 8 cookies
- 2 C gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 C mashed very ripe banana
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 T coconut oil (melted)
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ⅛ t sea salt
- 2 T maple syrup
- 3 t chia seeds
- ½ C raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients except for the chia seeds. Add in the mashed banana and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Combine chia seeds and raspberries together into a small bowl and mash together until raspberries are broken down.
- Roll cookies into small balls and place on the baking sheet. With your thumb, press down in the middle of the cookie until it forms a small well. Add one teaspoon of chia seed jam in the middle of the cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Let them cool and enjoy.