Just in time for the holiday season is a healthy version of Jello Salad like nothing you’ve ever tasted before! Treat your guests to this delicious twist on a layered pretzel, whipped cream and jello dessert they’re sure to love. Better yet: Since it’s high in healthy fats — just enough to fill you up — but satisfies every sweet tooth craving, it has our full permission to be eaten all day, every day.
Your flavor journey starts with a decadent, crunchy topping made of sprouted nuts, coconut, dates, Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides and maple syrup. Then, once you continue to the strawberry jello layer, you'll enjoy refreshing gelatin, too! Plus, our Vanilla Collagen Peptides is a flavored collagen powder that helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints,** making it an awesome addition to your wellness routine.
Whoever heard of a jello salad that can do all that? Take a look below to see how you can make your own.
healthy jello salad
Yields around 9 servings
Almond Date Layer
Coconut Whipped Cream Layer
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1-2 T. raw honey
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 C cranberry juice (or desired flavor)
- ¾ C room temp water
- 3 T maple syrup (optional for sweeter juices)
- 1 T lemon juice (optional for tarter juices)
- 2 T gelatin
- In a food processor, place all the ingredients for the bottom layer. Pulse. If the mixture doesn't come together, add 1 T of extra coconut oil at a time pulsing the food processor in between. Once in small bits, blend until ingredients start to stick together and are fully mixed.
- Place the mixture in a baking pan or casserole dish and with a spatula press until it is uniform on all sides. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place the coconut milk, honey, and vanilla in a bowl and mix, and pour on top of the chilled nut layer. Freeze for 2-3 hours, assuring the coconut is solid all the way through.
- Use ¼ C of cold cranberry juice and mix it with the T of gelatin to “bloom” the mixture. It should be a thick paste once mixed.
- Heat up ¼ C of the cranberry juice to just below boiling (or use water, but heat up the juice if you don’t want to dilute the taste), and mix until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Pour in the remaining 1.5 C of juice and maple syrup or lemon juice, depending on the flavor of juice you use (both are optional).
- Making sure the coconut layer is set, pour the gelatin mixture on top and chill in the refrigerator (not freezer) for 2-3 hours or until the jello is set.
Shop Vanilla Collagen Peptides