This Halloween Candy Bark is a great collagen recipe to make during the spookiest time of year and is especially fun as a group activity since it’s super simple and encourages creativity in the kitchen. I believe we should all set aside some room to indulge in candy and chocolate – especially on Halloween.
To balance out the candy overload, I decided to substitute some ingredients for the candy bark. For the base, I used dark chocolate with Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides and coconut oil for a serving of healthy fats. I topped the bark with a thin drizzle of melted coconut butter, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut oil for additional nutrients. To make it fun, I made sure to add some candy corn and chocolate candy. Feel free to add in your own go-to treats, like pretzels and gummy worms.
Why add collagen? Our collagen powder is such a versatile ingredient since it easily dissolves in both hot and cold liquids, making it the perfect addition to any sweet or savory recipe. I hope you enjoy your Halloween and have fun making this delicious Halloween Candy Bark!
Halloween Candy Bark Recipe
- 2 C dark chocolate
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- ¼ C chocolate candy
- ¼ C candy corn
- 2 T shredded coconut flakes
- 2 T coconut butter
- In a small saucepan heat up the coconut oil and chocolate on low heat. Mix together until melted. Once completely melted, add in the Collagen Peptides and stir until combined.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and pour melted chocolate over the sheet.
- With a spatula, even the mixture across the sheet until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds, chocolate candy pieces, candy corn and coconut flakes on top. Drizzle the melted coconut butter on top and place in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and enjoy!