Your Weeknight Treat: A Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake
By: Grace Gavilanes
As we’ve learned with our 25-layer Matcha Crepe Cake, a larger-than-life birthday party isn’t required to indulge in a multi-tiered sweet treat. The same can be said for our Vanilla Cake, which is not only gluten free but also perfectly captures the sweet flavor of the holiday season. This is accomplished with the addition of cinnamon, maple syrup (or honey) and our Vanilla Collagen Creamer.
This dessert is a deliciously festive way to end your day or week; it also boasts major health benefits thanks to the added collagen, which helps to promote stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints.
RELATED: A Recipe for Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies
Serve yourself and your loved ones a slice of Vanilla Cake next time you can’t shake off a sugar craving.
Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake
Yields 12 servings
- 1¼ C almond flour
- ¾ C coconut flour
- ¼ C tapioca flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Creamer
- 3 eggs
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t sea salt
- ¼ C coconut oil, melted
- ¾ C coconut sugar
- ¼ C maple syrup or honey
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F, grease two 8-inch cake pans with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients of almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, Vanilla Collagen Creamer, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients to wet mixture.
- Pour batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with your favorite dairy-free frosting. Garnish with fresh sugared cranberries and rosemary.