Who doesn’t love a delicious whipped cream? It’s the perfect topping for everything from hot drinks and desserts to fruits and breakfast pastries. In fact, it’s even delicious all on its own!
Even better is a version of whipped “cream” that’s dairy-free, loaded with healthy coconut-based fats, and chock-full of beauty-promoting collagen protein. Featuring our Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut, this "whippy" treat is perfect for adding to pretty much everything.
In case you aren’t already familiar with collagen's benefits, here’s a quick rundown. Collagen is produced naturally by the body. As we age, our collagen production decreases. This important protein is the building block of all of our connective tissues, including our hair, skin, nails, joints and bones.** Vital Proteins’ collagen is sourced from bovine, making it a source of all the amino acids we need to support vibrant health and longevity.
It’s crazy to think you can get all of that from some delicious, Whole30-friendly, dairy-free whipped cream!
Dairy-Free Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 14 oz. can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk, 8 hours or overnight.
- Place mixing bowl in refrigerator or freezer for 1 hour before making coconut cream.
- Open can of coconut cream (do not shake or mix the can prior).
- Scoop solid layer of coconut cream into chilled mixing bowl. Reserve remaining coconut water for another use.
- Using a hand or electric mixer, beat coconut cream on medium to high speed. Beat until fluffy and light.
- Add 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer®, beat 1 more minute.
- Taste and add vanilla if desired.