You may already know you can make your own mayo, but we’re here to take the flavor (and nutrition) up a notch with this Garlic Herb Mayonnaise! Start with a fresh, pasture-raised egg and blend in garlic, dried herbs, and your favorite neutral flavored oil for a zesty mayo in just minutes. Our Collagen Peptides dissolve instantly for added protein and skin, hair, nail and joint support.** Perfect for dipping your homemade sweet potato fries or as in instant flavor boost to your next tuna salad.
Garlic Herb Mayonnaise
Yields about 1½ C of Garlic Herb Mayonnaise
- 1 fresh whole egg (pastured, if possible)
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- ¼ C fresh lemon juice
- ½ t dried crushed rosemary
- ½ t sea salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 C avocado oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- Add the egg, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, sea salt, black pepper, and Collagen Peptides to a tall, narrow jar or cup. Pour the oil in over top.
- Place an immersion blender flat against the very bottom of the cup.
- Hold the blender there and blend for 10 full seconds before very slowly raising the blender upward.
- As you raise the blender upward, all the remaining oil sitting at the top should begin to be incorporated.
- Move the immersion blender up and down slowly until all the oil is blended in.
- Move the mayo to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Note: this recipe works best with a tall, narrow jar and an immersion (stick) blender. A food processor can be used but the resulting mayo may be a bit runnier.