If you’re looking for a treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings, you’ve clicked on the perfect recipe! These super-decadent Collagen Brownies are a must-try – just ask Vital fan Amanda Chaplin (you can find her over on Instagram @theholistic.honey!), who shared this Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides recipe exclusively with Lively.
“I have also noticed that adding collagen to baked goods, and any recipe in general, especially when gluten and grain free makes all the difference,” Chaplin, who also loves adding collagen to her smoothies, tells us. “In my experience, collagen makes gluten- and grain-free recipes denser, chewier and more indulgent.”
Intrigued? Can’t say we blame you. Keep scrolling to learn how to make them!
Collagen Brownie Recipe
Yields 12 Collagen Brownies
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 3/4 C almond flour
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 t organic vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter (melted)
- 1 C coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 t aluminum-free baking soda
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a medium-sized glass rectangular pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl or in your standing mixer. Make sure that the eggs are room temp so that the coconut oil does not re-solidify once added.
- Add in salt, collagen and baking soda and mix well. Add in the almond flour 1/4 cup at a time mixing in between.
- Finally add in about 1/4-1/2 cup of the chocolate chips into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
Optional: Let cool, and then melt more chocolate chips with a little coconut oil and drizzle over the top and enjoy!