If you’re on the hunt for more delicious ways to use Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin, we have just the collagen recipe for you. These Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Bars are bright, rich, and very addictive! Made with cashew cream, they’re free of dairy without sacrificing flavor. Just as thick and creamy as any cheesecake you’ve tried, with the crunch of a chocolate crust and melty chocolate topping.
Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Bars
For the chocolate crust:
- 1 egg
- 3 T melted coconut oil
- 2 T coconut sugar
- 1½ C blanched almond flour
- ¼ C cacao powder
- 2 T arrowroot or tapioca starch
- ¼ t sea salt
Mint Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1½ C raw cashews, soaked 4+ hours
- 1 C canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ C coconut oil
- ½ C raw honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 t mint extract
- ½ t sea salt
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 3 oz. Theo 85% dark chocolate bar, broken into large chunks
- 3 T coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a piece of parchment along the bottom and up the sides of a 9×9 or 8×8 baking pan. The parchment will help lifting out the cheesecake later for easy serving.
- Prepare the chocolate crust by whisking together the egg, melted coconut oil, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, cacao powder, arrowroot starch, and sea salt.
- Mix well with a spatula or wooden spoon. Press the crust dough into the bottom of the lined baking pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan to cool to room temperature before adding the cheesecake layer.
- Prepare the mint cheesecake by adding the soaked cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, mint extract, sea salt, and Beef Gelatin to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high speed until very smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Stop occasionally to scrape the sides down and check for any cashew pieces. Pour the cheesecake mix out onto the crust. Freeze for one hour before topping with the chocolate layer.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by melting the coconut oil together with the Theo chocolate bar. Use either a double boiler method or microwave at 30 second increments until melted by not hot, stirring in between.
- Pour over top of the mint cheesecake layer. Freeze 6 hours, or until frozen solid.
- To serve, remove the bars 20 minutes before cutting. Keep a mug of warm water to the side.
- Dip a large knife briefly into the water to warm the knife, allow the excess water to drip off, and slice the cheesecake gently. You may need to warm the knife repeatedly as you cut.
- Once the bars are cut into your desired shape, they can be frozen again and stored in an airtight container in the freezer.