It's smoothie season and while we love fruit-forward smoothies, this special recipe changes things up with a rich chocolate-peanut butter flavor and an amazing new ingredient. If you dream of having dessert for breakfast, this collagen recipe was made for you! This decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie packs so much flavor, you might not realize the better-for-you ingredients in each serving.
The base of the smoothie is comprised of frozen bananas and frozen cauliflower. Using frozen veggies and fruits allows you to skip ice while sneaking in nutrient-rich ingredients. We also snuck in some fresh spinach to satisfy your morning dose of greens. Trust us: Spinach is the one veggie you will never recognize in your smoothie!
As for the real star of this collagen recipe, we added two scoops of our new Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides, ($25; shop now). Ready to enjoy dessert for breakfast? Keep reading for the full how-to.
Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
Yields 1 Smoothie
- ¾ C frozen banana
- ¼ C frozen cauliflower
- Handful of spinach
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides
- 2 T creamy peanut butter
- ¾ C almond milk
- Add the frozen banana, frozen cauliflower and the almond milk to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed until broken down.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the blender and blend again on high speed until completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass, topping it off with coconut whip cream and some peanut butter cups. Enjoy!