As we enter November and the days start to get shorter and the temperatures begin to drop, it is a great time of year to pull out our comfy clothes and spend time inside preparing cozy meals for the upcoming winter months. This delicious fall soup is just that.
It's enhanced with spices and aromas, making it a perfect dish for the holidays. If you're a soup-lover like myself, then you know that any good soup is built on the foundation of onions, garlic and celery, like the following collagen recipe. To help bring forth all these wonderful flavors, I like to sauté nutmeg and paprika with the vegetables. Then, I add 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for a collagen intake boost.
For serving, this butternut squash soup can be enjoyed all by itself, with a warm loaf of buttery bread or even as a starter to a meal. If you're ready to start putting it into rotation, keep scrolling on to get started.
Butternut Squash Soup
Yields 6-10 Servings
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 onions (diced)
- 1 t garlic (minced)
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 C butternut squash (cubed)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 t nutmeg
- 2 t paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 C pumpkin puree
- 2 C coconut milk
- 1/2 C boiled water
Toppings: Pumpkin seeds, nutmeg, avocado oil, coconut milk, pepper, chili flakes
- In a large pot, heat the avocado oil on medium heat and add in the onions, garlic, celery stalk and butternut squash. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Mix in the Collagen Peptides, nutmeg, paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix together with the vegetables until well-combined.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, coconut milk and boiled water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into a blender and puree it until creamy and smooth.
- Once all of the vegetables and puréed, add the soup back into the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat, or until it starts to bubble.
- Scoop the butternut squash soup into bowls, top with additional toppings and enjoy!